PRIMARY MECHANICAL SHOE SEAL
The MS6 has been used on different tanks types, containing the full range of Crude and Refined products. The seal is suitable for welded and riveted tanks with wide variations in rim spaces. All mechanical seal components are easily accessible allowing installation with the tank remaining “in-service”. No welding or flame cutting is required to install or maintain the shoes. All components are pinned or bolted with corrosion resistant fasteners.
- In – service installation
- Complying with EPA Requirements
- Used in internal roofs in compliance with API 650
- Unique design proved by extensive mechanical testing (e.g. evenly distributed pressure)
- Suitable for welded and riveted tank shells.
- Compatible with stored products
- Maximising usable tank capacity
- Primary fabric seal (selected for mechanical durability and chemical stability with the product)
- Easy to install, repair, inspect (all components are accessible from above)
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
Metallic shoes can be furnished in galvanized or stainless steel. Shoe height is selected to match the rim configuration, minimize extension below the floating roof and to ensure compliance with environmental codes.
Metallic shoes are suspended in the rim space by bolt-on pantograph hanger assemblies. This flexible pantograph mechanism ensures that metallic shoes are held in constant contact with the tank shell despite rim gap variations.
Sealing and roof cantering forces are provided by stainless steel springs.
RECOMMENDED VAPOR MEMBRANE
- CALCIUM SILICATE: 1.9 mm thick. It complies with DIN 22118, DIN 22100 (Part 1) and the Health and Safety Committee Guide of Shell. Meets the LASTFIRE 6.1 specifications. 85% compatible with aromatic products.
- PTFE (Teflon): 0.45 mm thick. That comply with DIN 22118 and DIN 22100 (Part 1). Meets the LASTFIRE 6.1 specifications. 100% compatible with aromatic products.
- POLYURETHANE (PU): from 0.4mm to 1 mm thick. 70-100% compatible with aromatic products.
API-650 Ap. G
NFPA “National Fire Protection Agency”.
AISI Stainless Steel Cold Formed Structural Design Manual.
- Rim Spaces: Normally 200 mm. ± 100 mm. is the standard but the seal design can be modified to suit larger nominal rim space.
- Aromatic Service : 100%
Continuous Seal: Teflon/Fiberglass, Calcium Silicate, Urethane, Polyurethane.
Sealing Ring: Galvanized / Stainless Steel
Service life: 10-25 years
Typical Weight: ≈ 20 kg per linear meter.
MECHANICAL SEAL for BAPCO
MECHANICAL SEAL for GAZPROM
MECHANICAL SEAL for CEPSA
MECHANICAL SEAL for PTT